North Vietnam at a Glance: Halong bay & Sapa offers a perfect blending of onboard cruising tour sailing spectacular Halong Bay and breath-taking mountain-scenic experience trekking and exploring Vietnamese local culture from the Sapa ethnic community. With a 5 day trip, we have chance to discover the lifestyle of the hill tribe, the magnificent rice terraces in Sapa and the closing of experience of this journey takes you to Halong Bay, one of seven wonders of the new world.
Welcome to Hanoi! You can arrive at any time. In the evening, transfer to the train station for departure to Lao Cai on the night train.
Arrive in Lao Cai in the early morning, transfer to Sapa town by bus. Take a morning walking tour of Sa Pa to visit bustling and colorful local market.
In the afternoon, trek down to the south west of Sapa to visit Cat Cat village. Enjoy a waterfall in the village and witness beautiful scenery along the way. Transfer back to town, you are free to explore the charm of Sapa by night.
Distance: Lao Cai to Sapa: 38 km (1 hour drive). 3 km trekking.
Starting from Sapa with your guide, spend all day exploring villages of ethnic minority people. Wander around the villages to explore local customs, daily life and their weaving technique. Go by car to Ta Phin Village and visit the home of the Red Dao people. After lunch, continue to Lao Chai Village, enjoy trekking from this village to nearby Ta Van Village. Transfer back to Sapa by car or van.
After dinner, transfer to Lao Cai Train Station for overnight train to Hanoi.
Distance: Sapa – Ta Phin: 12 km. Ta Phin – Lao Chai: 20km. Lao Chai – Ta Van: 4 km. ( around 7 km trekking)
Arrive in Hanoi in early morning. Transfer to hotel for relaxing for awhile before departure for Halong.
Ready for a fascinating trip to Halong Bay. On arrival at the wharf in Halong, embark on a stylish junk. Enjoy lunch on board while the junk cruising leisurely through the magical bay. Participate in the activities that the cruise company offers (visit floating village/ kayak/ enjoy the beach…). Overnight on board.
Distance: Hanoi – Halong: 180 km (3,5 ~ 4 hour drive)
Wake up to the sound of ocean. Spend the morning exploring more sites of the bay, visit a beautiful limestone cave. Have brunch while cruising back to the mainland. Transfer back to Hanoi by bus.
Tour ends on arrival in Hanoi.
– AC land transfer in Car/ Minivan.
– Accommodation shared in Twin/Double room with daily breakfast.
– Al in-tour experienced English speaking guide.
– Halong Bay Cruise program shared in Twin/Double cabin as per tour.
– Halong bay Kayaking in Standard & Superior Class.
– Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast ; L: Lunch ; D: Dinner).
– Round trip train tickets Hanoi – Sapa – Hanoi in 4th berth sleeper cabin (sharing cabin).
– All sightseeing tickets.
– Vietnam visa Approval letter (single entry).
– Fresh Shower in Standard hotel when needed.
– Services charges and government tax.
– Early Check in & late check out at hotel.
– Peak season surcharge & compulsory dinner in the accommodation.
– International flights & departures taxes.
– Personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
– Travel insurance.
– Other services not mentioned above.